Have you been injured due to someone else’s negligence in Abingdon, Virginia? If so, you may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury claim.
The Abingdon personal injury lawyers at the law firm of Arrington Schelin have decades of experience helping injury victims move forward after an accident. We have worked hard to earn our reputation for providing exceptional, compassionate representation. We won’t hesitate to fight for the personal and financial recovery you need.
Contact us today to learn more about your legal options in a free initial consultation.
How Can Our Abingdon Personal Injury Lawyers Help You?
Our legal team is prepared to use our in-depth legal knowledge and skills to help you seek fair compensation and hold negligent parties accountable. Some of the factors that set our Abingdon law firm apart include our:
- Four decades of legal experience – Our relentless attorneys have more than 40 years of experience serving injured victims throughout Abingdon and surrounding areas of Virginia. We have the resources needed to handle every detail of your personal injury case so that you can stay focused on your recovery.
- Reputation for compassionate service – Although Arrington Schelin can offer the comprehensive service of a large firm, our accessible and personable team has a local reputation for providing individualized attention to all clients.
- Special focus on motor vehicle accidents – We can handle a wide range of personal injury cases, but our firm focuses on motor vehicle accidents. We are ready to use our extensive knowledge of the auto insurance industry to help you demand the compensation you deserve.
- Commitment to going above and beyond – It can be challenging to find and pay for the medical care you need after a severe injury. Our team can help you obtain appropriate medical treatment and find the best way to cover your bills.
- Dedication to maximizing your compensation – We can help you calculate the value of your case and identify all possible sources of compensation. Then, we can use this knowledge to craft an effective legal strategy that enables us to pursue full financial recovery for you.
Common Types of Cases We Handle in Abingdon
Our knowledgeable Abingdon personal injury lawyers are prepared to handle a wide range of cases, such as:
- Personal injuries – We take on cases involving all types of injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal cord injuries, dog bite injuries, slip and fall injuries, and much more.
- Car accidents – Our attorneys understand all the ins and outs of car accident cases, and we know how to fight the tactics insurance companies use to deny you money.
- Truck accidents – Tractor-trailer and other large commercial vehicle wrecks frequently result in catastrophic damage and devastating injuries. We can help you demand full and fair compensation for the losses you suffer.
- Motorcycle accidents – Our lawyers are ready to stand up to the unfair anti-motorcyclist prejudice that can make it difficult to succeed in a motorcycle accident claim.
- Pedestrian accidents – If you are injured in a pedestrian accident, our attorneys can help you seek money for your medical and personal losses.
- Wrongful death – When a loved one dies due to someone else’s negligence, we can help surviving family members seek justice in a wrongful death claim.
How the Personal Injury Attorneys at Arrington Schelin Will Fight for You
When the trusted legal team at Arrington Schelin takes on your personal injury case, we will start by conducting a thorough investigation of the accident that led to your injuries. That allows us to identify potentially liable parties and collect valuable evidence such as:
- Photos and video footage – Photos of the accident scene and footage from nearby traffic or security cameras
- Physical evidence – Physical evidence such as the clothing you were wearing when the injury occurred or damaged parts from vehicles involved in a wreck
- Accident reports – Police crash reports, workplace injury reports, and other formal records of how the injury occurred
- Eyewitness statements – Statements from witnesses who saw the accident or knew about unsafe practices that contributed to your injuries
- Expert opinions – Insights from medical, financial, engineering, and other experts who can speak to the cause of the accident and the extent of your losses
Is It Worth Getting a Personal Injury Lawyer?
So much is at stake in a personal injury case, but many people are still reluctant to hire a lawyer because of fears about the cost. While this is understandable, you should know that hiring a personal injury attorney will cost you nothing upfront.
The personal injury attorneys of Arrington Schelin work on a contingency basis. That means you pay us only if and when we win money for you. And importantly, when you work with a capable and knowledgeable attorney from our law firm, you have the peace of mind that comes from knowing a professional is handling every aspect of your case.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Hiring a dedicated personal injury lawyer to fight for you comes with various legal, financial, and psychological benefits. A knowledgeable attorney in your corner can:
- Review the details of your case and provide straightforward legal advice during a free initial consultation.
- Calculate the total extent of your accident-related losses to use as a basis for future negotiations.
- Conduct an independent investigation of the incident to uncover valuable evidence and determine who was at fault.
- Communicate with insurance companies and other attorneys about your claim.
- Prepare, manage, and file essential case documents on your behalf.
- Negotiate aggressively during settlement talks to maximize your compensation.
- Take your case to court and represent you at trial, if necessary.
Steps to Take to Protect Your Rights After an Accident
Here are some steps you can take in the aftermath of an accident to protect your health, legal rights, and ability to recover:
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible if you did not receive emergency care immediately after the incident.
- Follow your doctor’s care plan and attend all follow-up appointments.
- Record details about how your injuries affect your daily life in a journal.
- Gather evidence such as photos, contact and insurance details, and eyewitness statements from the scene.
- Hang on to medical bills, wage statements, and other accident-related documentation.
- Watch what you say to others about the accident and avoid posting information on social media while your claim is pending.
- Contact a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Talk to Our Abingdon Personal Injury Lawyers
When you need a seasoned attorney on your side after a severe injury, look no further than the trusted team at Arrington Schelin. Contact us online today to talk to our personal injury lawyers in a free initial case review.