A severe injury accident could alter the course of your life in an instant. Depending on the severity and nature of your injuries, you could be forced to deal with painful treatment, rehabilitation, costly medical expenses, and other financial losses you never planned for. You might be angry, confused, and unsure of how you’ll ever get your life back on track. It can be particularly upsetting if someone else’s carelessness caused the accident and your injuries.
If you were hurt in an accident through no fault of your own in Washington County, Virginia, know that a qualified injury lawyer can help you seek compensation and justice. At the law firm of Arrington Schelin, that’s what we aim to do. We’ve been helping injured people in our community for over four decades. We’re ready to put our experience to work for you.
Contact us now for a free consultation.
How Can Our Washington County Personal Injury Lawyers Help You?
At Arrington Schelin, we don’t think an accident should cost you everything you’ve worked hard to achieve. We help accident victims hold negligent parties accountable and seek the compensation they need to move forward with their lives.
Our skilled attorneys can help you by:
- Investigating the cause of the accident
- Collecting vital evidence to build a compelling claim
- Managing all communication with insurance adjusters and others involved in the case
- Preparing and filing a solid claim for compensation
- Negotiating with insurers on your behalf for a fair settlement
- Preparing a court case when necessary
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Washington County, VA
At Arrington Schelin, we are committed to helping accident victims recover fair compensation while holding negligent parties accountable for their actions. Types of personal injury cases our experienced Washington County attorneys handle include:
- Personal Injury – If you’ve been injured because of someone else’s actions or inaction, you might be able to pursue compensation from the at-fault party. You weren’t to blame for what happened, and you shouldn’t have to pay your own medical expenses to treat your injuries.
- Car Accidents – A car accident can no doubt change your life. Don’t struggle with the back and forth of fighting with the other driver’s insurer. Contact a skilled personal injury attorney to handle your car accident claim.
- Truck Accidents – Truck accidents are uniquely devastating events. The claim process can be challenging because truck accidents often cause catastrophic injuries. The process may be even more difficult because the trucking company and insurers have their own legal team working to protect their interests. Multiple parties could potentially be involved, adding to the complexity.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accidents cause life-changing injuries. What makes these claims even more challenging is the perception that motorcycle riders are thrill-seekers or troublemakers. An attorney can be instrumental in helping motorcycle accident victims seek fair compensation for their injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Even if a pedestrian has the right-of-way, they are no match for an encounter with a 3,000-pound passenger vehicle. Following an accident, pedestrians need aggressive legal representation to help them seek the compensation they need to recover from their injuries.
- Wrongful Death – Nothing is more heartbreaking than the sudden loss of a loved one. Not only do family members provide vital emotional support and companionship, but they also help provide financial stability. A wrongful death claim can’t bring back a loved one, but it can help restore financial security for the surviving family.
- RV Accidents – RVs can be difficult to maneuver and control. In addition, not all RV operators have proper insurance coverage. To get the most out of an RV accident claim, you need the help a Washington County attorney can provide.
- Boating Accidents – Waterways can be just as dangerous as roadways. After a boating accident, talk to a lawyer who understands your needs and can help you seek maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Dog Bites – Dog bites and other animal attacks can cause devastating injuries, especially to children. Hold negligent pet owners accountable and seek assistance from a Washington County personal injury attorney.
- Child Injuries – There is nothing a parent wouldn’t do to take away a child’s pain. When the smallest members of our society are injured, they need someone to stand up and be their voice. We want to be that voice of justice.
- Product Liability – When you buy a consumer product, you expect it to perform as described. You also expect it to be safe for you and your family. If an unsafe item causes significant injuries, you may be able to seek compensation.
- Construction Accidents – Construction sites are notoriously hazardous. When an accident happens, injured workers or passersby can rely on our team to protect their rights and seek compensation for their injuries.
Common Types of Personal Injuries Suffered in Washington County
An accident can compromise all aspects of your health, both physical and mental. Some of the most common types of injuries suffered in Washington County accidents are:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Limb loss
- Soft tissue injuries
- Road rash
- Sprains and strains
What Types of Damages Could I Recover in a Personal Injury Claim?
Examples of damages you may be able to recover in a personal injury claim include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Cost of rehabilitation
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Accident victims with legal counsel on their side tend to recover more money than people with little legal knowledge or experience who choose to represent themselves. At Arrington Schelin, we believe that results speak for themselves.
Insurance adjusters often use aggressive tactics to pressure you and take advantage of your vulnerable situation. Their goal, after all, is to save the company and its shareholders money. An experienced injury attorney will know what tactics insurance companies use and will work to build the strongest claim possible on your behalf. From there, they will negotiate for a fair settlement or might advise filing a lawsuit and seeking damages in court.
Talk to Our Washington County Personal Injury Lawyers
Are you ready to consult with a Washington County personal injury lawyer? Contact our office today for a confidential, no-risk case evaluation.