Injuries from accidents cause innocent people to suffer severe pain and deal with unexpected financial stress and strain every day in Smyth County, Virginia. If you were seriously hurt due to someone else’s negligent actions, a Smyth County personal injury lawyer from Arrington Schelin is ready to help you pursue compensation for your losses.
For over 40 years, our trusted personal injury attorneys have been fighting for our clients after they have suffered life-altering injuries. We are prepared to work tirelessly to provide you with peace of mind after a devastating accident has turned your life upside down.
Reach out to the law firm of Arrington Schelin for a free initial consultation. Our experienced Smyth County personal injury lawyers want to talk with you about how to recover compensation for the harm you have endured.
Why Is Personal Injury Legal Representation So Important?
In addition to providing legal advice and advocacy, your personal injury lawyer can be your advocate who can handle all the details. We can investigate your claims, prepare your case, and pursue financial recovery from those responsible for your injuries. When you have a personal injury attorney working on your case, you will have the freedom to focus your time and energy on your physical and emotional recovery from an accident.
How Our Smyth County Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help Accident Victims
The Smyth County personal injury lawyers at the law firm of Arrington Schelin work diligently to secure maximum financial recovery for our clients. Let us take on all the aspects of preparing and pursuing your case, including:
- Investigating the underlying facts and circumstances of the accident or incident that led to your injuries
- Identifying liable parties and sources of compensation, such as applicable insurance coverage
- Documenting your injuries and calculating the full extent of your losses, including past, ongoing, and future financial damages
- Filing claims on your behalf with the at-fault parties and their insurers to demand maximum compensation through a negotiated settlement
- Preparing and filing a lawsuit and advocating your case all the way through a trial, if necessary, to ensure we leave no stone unturned in obtaining the best possible result in your case
Common Types of Cases We Handle
At Arrington Schelin, our attorneys can help you when you have a case involving:
- Personal injury – Let a personal injury lawyer in Smyth County from our firm pursue financial recovery when you have been hurt because of the negligence or legal fault of others. We can handle cases involving construction accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, RV accidents, boating accidents, defective product accidents, and much more.
- Car accidents – If you were hit by a careless driver, our car accident attorneys can help you navigate the claims process with auto insurers to pursue the full financial benefits you deserve for your expenses and losses from the accident.
- Truck accidents – After you suffered catastrophic injuries in a truck crash that wasn’t your fault, let our legal team level the playing field for you. We can stand up to powerful insurance companies and big trucking corporations to demand accountability and financial recovery for your injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents – With little in the way of protection in the event of a crash, motorcycle riders tend to suffer some of the most serious types of injuries in an accident. A motorcycle lawyer in Smith County from Arrington Schelin can fight for the financial resources you need to recover from the devastating physical injuries you suffered.
- Pedestrian accidents – When a reckless motorist has injured you in a pedestrian accident in Smyth County, turn to Arrington Schelin for help from a pedestrian attorney. Our firm can fight to hold the driver who hit you accountable for their negligence.
- Wrongful death – If your family has lost a loved one because of the wrongful acts of another party, let a wrongful death attorney from our firm help. It’s your right to demand justice and recover financial compensation for the expenses and losses you have incurred due to your loved one’s passing.
Is It Worth Getting a Personal Injury Lawyer After an Accident?
You may worry about paying a lawyer to represent you in your personal injury claim, especially when you need the money you could get from your case to pay bills. You may think you could maximize your compensation by acting as your own lawyer. However, if you choose to handle your personal injury claim on your own, you will most likely receive much less money than if you had an attorney.
Most accident victims who hire a personal injury attorney typically recover significantly more compensation than those who try to do it on their own. A personal injury lawyer has more experience investigating, valuing, building, and negotiating injury claims, which can result in their clients obtaining full compensation for expenses and losses. Personal injury lawyers also have substantial experience dealing with insurance companies. They will be familiar with the tactics and tricks that adjusters use to devalue or deny injury claims.
Working with a personal injury attorney doesn’t cost you anything upfront. In fact, you don’t pay anything in attorney’s fees unless and until you recover compensation.
Compensation for Smyth County Injury Victims
If you were injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses, such as:
- Costs of medical recovery, including ER and hospital care, physical and occupational therapy, prescriptions, and medical or mobility devices and equipment
- Costs to care for long-term or permanent impairments and disabilities
- Loss of income, if you take time off work to treat your injuries, or if you suffer disabilities that prevent you from going back to gainful employment
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced life expectancy and quality of life due to injuries
Talk to Our Smyth County Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have been the victim of injuries due to someone else’s wrongdoing, don’t wait. Contact the experts at Arrington Schelin now for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. You’ll talk to our Smyth County personal injury attorneys about what we can do to help you seek justice and compensation.