Were you injured in an accident in Clintwood caused by someone else? Are you struggling with lost income, increasing medical bills, a painful recovery, and other challenges resulting from your injuries? If so, you shouldn’t have to shoulder the financial burden of those losses. You may be entitled to substantial compensation through a personal injury claim. The legal team at Arrington Schelin can help.
Our firm’s Clintwood personal injury attorneys have more than 40 years of experience helping accident victims just like you. We treat every client who walks through our door like a member of our own family. We work vigorously to pursue the full financial recovery we know they need and deserve.
When you work with us, we want you to feel confident that you have exceptional representation. Let us explain how we can protect your rights and help you recover. Contact us today for free legal advice about your case.
How Can Our Clintwood Personal Injury Attorneys Help You?
If you sustained injuries in an accident, you’re probably facing steep medical expenses. Depending on the severity of your injuries and prognosis, you might require a hospital stay, frequent doctor’s visits, in-home care, physical therapy, prescription medications, and other types of care to recover fully.
If personal property, such as your car, was damaged in the accident, you could be facing repair or replacement costs. On top of your expenditures, you could also lose your source of income if you can’t work while healing. Coupled with your expenses, your lost earnings could cause you to sink deep into debt.
You shouldn’t have to bear these costs if you didn’t cause the accident. Our skilled attorneys can help you hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Our Clintwood personal injury attorneys have the resources to handle every step in your injury case while you focus on rebuilding your life. Navigating the claims process can be tricky, particularly if the responsible party refuses to accept liability for the accident. You need an attorney with strong legal knowledge who isn’t afraid to put up a fight.
If you hire us to represent you, we will:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident that caused your injuries.
- Move quickly to collect and preserve vital evidence in your case.
- Speak with witnesses who may have seen the accident occur.
- Identify all liable parties.
- Negotiate aggressively for a fair settlement on your behalf.
Insurance companies use a variety of tactics to reduce or deny claims. Our attorneys are tough negotiators, and we know how to fight those tactics. Working with one of our personal injury lawyers could significantly improve your chances of recovering fair compensation.
If we are unable to reach an agreement with the insurance company or if they refuse to negotiate in good faith, our experienced litigators will not hesitate to take your case to court. We will keep you abreast of all critical developments in your case and provide you with guidance and support throughout the legal process.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Take
At Arrington Schelin, we have experience handling various injury cases. Some of the most common types of cases we take include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Third-party work-related injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Construction accidents
- Wrongful death
Common Types of Serious Injuries in Clintwood, VA
An accident can be traumatizing, especially if you sustained severe injuries. Our attorneys know how to accurately calculate the value of your claim by considering the extent of your injuries, your physical and emotional pain, and your overall damages.
Some common types of serious injuries our law practice deals with include:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Orthopedic injuries
- Internal injuries
- Accidental amputation
- Permanent disfigurement and scarring
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Not all injuries are immediately apparent following an accident. Some injuries may not reveal themselves for days, weeks, or even months. Our attorneys will advise you on obtaining medical care and sources available to pay for it while we work on your claim.
Clintwood Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury lawsuits have a two-year statute of limitations in Virginia. That means you must file a legal action against the at-fault party within that time frame, or the court will likely dismiss your case. If that happens, you will lose the chance to pursue compensation through the legal system. It is critical to speak with an attorney and get started on your claim right away.
What to Do If You Got Hurt by Someone Else’s Negligence in Clintwood, Virginia
If you were injured due to another person’s negligence in Clintwood, VA, you should take a few steps to protect yourself and your claim:
- Call 911. If you or anyone else suffered an injury in an accident, such as a car crash, call 911. If the police come, they might create an accident report, which will contain vital information for your claim. If you were injured on someone else’s property, such as at a store or restaurant, report the accident to management and ask for a copy of the report.
- Seek medical attention. Accept emergency medical treatment – including ambulance transport – if you need it. If you believe emergency treatment is not necessary, get a full medical exam from a physician as soon as possible. You might have sustained injuries you aren’t yet aware of.
- Collect evidence. Take photos of your injuries and the accident scene as a whole. If anyone witnessed the accident, ask for their contact details, because they might be able to testify on your behalf at a later date.
- Gather documentation. Keep medical records, hospital bills, witness information, the accident report, and any other documentation that could be helpful to your claim. You should also keep a journal where you record your level of physical pain and make notes about your emotional and mental condition.
- Avoid social media. Anything you post on social media could potentially be used against your case. Never post anything about your injuries online or refrain from using social media altogether while your case is pending.
- Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The longer you wait to secure legal representation, the more likely it is that vital evidence will disappear.
What Can You Recover in a Personal Injury Claim?
If you’ve been injured because of another person’s carelessness or misconduct in Clintwood, you could be eligible to pursue a claim for compensation. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you might be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Lost future income
- Pain and suffering
- Personal property damage
- Other losses
Even if you have a strong case, the insurance company’s goal will be to save as much money as possible. They might offer you a quick, lowball settlement. It might be tempting to accept, but you should never sign a settlement agreement until you’ve consulted with a lawyer. A personal injury attorney can act as your personal advocate during negotiations with the insurance adjuster.
Contact a Clintwood Personal Injury Attorney Today
Contact the Clintwood personal injury lawyers at Arrington Schelin today to get started on your injury claim. You can reach us by phone or online. We offer a free case review to all potential clients.